Since 1890, York College has been committed to transforming lives through Christ-centered education. Moreover, York College has traditionally equipped students for lifelong service to God, family and society. York College strives to fulfill its three purposes of providing Biblical teachings and spiritual nurture for each student, providing a strong liberal arts foundation in every academic discipline and providing an environment where tolerance, dialog, and the pursuit of truth are honored.
Today, York College is a senior liberal arts college affiliated with churches of Christ, enrolling more than 400 students each year. Now in its second century, York College continues to grow in service to students, to the York community, and to churches of Christ. Students come from more than 30 states and 6 countries, while 7,500 alumni reside in every state and many foreign countries.
Why Choose York College Online?
Numerous benefits exist for obtaining a degree from York College Online:
- Student - Centered Education - At York College you will find faculty who are dedicated to helping students grow intellectually, socially and spiritually. Your experience with York College is important to us and while you will receive the highest quality instruction and meaningful education, your personal growth as an individual is just as important to us. Faculty, staff and advisors will become lifelong friends due to their interest in you as a person, in your educational goals and in your professional aspirations. We invite you to come and grow with us.
- Leadership - York College believes in developing individuals who are committed to lives of service and leadership. Faculty, staff and students on campus exemplify this commitment through service to their churches and communities. We will help you develop the skills necessary to increase your confidence and ability to serve in areas that you choose as well. Students who have had the "York College Experience" are known for their dedication, commitment and servant attitudes.
- Degree Prestige and Value - For more than 100 years, York College has provided students with superior education in areas such as business, psychology, sciences, education, communication and religious studies. York College is consistently listed in the U.S. News and World Report "Best Baccalaureate Colleges" in the Midwest Region. In their 2009 report, York College was listed among the five top baccalaureate schools in the Midwest for class size.
- Flexible Schedules - As an online student, you will have the flexibility to complete coursework and assignments from anywhere at any time.
- Financial Aid - Upon qualification, federal financial aid is available to all online students. Over 90% of all York College students receive some form of financial aid. Financial aid options for online courses are based on need and include federal loan programs and some federal grants. York College's Financial Aid Office will work with you individually to create the financial aid package that meets your needs.
- Convenience and Pace - By taking classes online, you can study at your own pace when it's convenient for you. York College can help you devise an academic plan to ensure you're taking the classes that you need to complete your degree. You can take as much time or as little time as you wish to complete your degree.
Enjoy the Online Experience at York College
Distance learning and online class sessions are enjoyed by an ever-increasing number of students. These students have the opportunity to share their knowledge, experiences, opinions and ideas with classmates in a friendly and open virtual setting. Whether you are an introvert or extrovert, the online learning experience is equally valuable and enriching, as it allows class members to intermingle with ease and feel comfortable expressing their views.
1125 E 8th St.
York NE 68467
Average Cost per Credit
$300 per credit hour; $50 tech fee per credit hour
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission, The National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), and the Nebraska Department of Education.
Private Liberal Arts College, Higher Education