William Jewell College
About William Jewell College Online
William Jewell College was founded in 1849 as the first four-year men's college west of the Mississippi. Now, William Jewell College promises students an outstanding liberal arts education that cultivates leadership, service, and spiritual growth inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits. The institution is located within the metropolitan area of Kansas City, MO and it prides itself on educational, cultural and economic connections in the city.
Why Choose William Jewell College Online?
The promise of an outstanding education has been brought online to serve the desire of students to have a flexible way of learning. This pushes students to excel and allows them to earn a higher education on their own schedule.
College Accolades - U.S. News & Report included William Jewell among the top national liberal arts colleges in its 2011 edition of "America's Best Colleges". Jewell claimed the #131 slot among the top 190 schools. The Princeton Review acknowledged William Jewell as one of "The Best 373 Colleges" in its 2011 edition. In 2010, the school was listed among "America's Best Colleges" in the Forbes Magazine report.
- Flexible Schedule - The online curriculum is designed for busy, achievement-oriented traditional and non-traditional students. This allows students to maintain their lifestyle while building a new future for themselves.
- Knowledge Excellence - William Jewell College values and encourages the creation of academic experiences that cultivate talent. The instructors are models of intellectual and spiritual growth that lead students in their educational journey.
- Online Campus - The college offers 24/7 academic and technical support for all online courses.
- Financial Aid - William Jewell College maintains a generous financial aid program to make the cost of education affordable. More than $11 million in scholarships and grants were awarded through the College, federal, and state awards.
Enjoy the Online Experience at William Jewell College
The popularity of online education is undeniably at an all-time high. Attending courses online from the comfort of your home or office not only allows you to fit education in your busy schedule, but it also equips you with better time management, organization and self-discipline skills.
William Jewell College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association. Every ten years, Jewell undergoes an institutional reaccreditation process with the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association which gives us an important way to assess our overall effectiveness as a liberal arts college. William Jewell College has been continuously accredited since 1915.
Online Degree Programs
Online General Education Courses
Online General Education courses allow current and non-Jewell students the chance to take extra courses, complete graduation requirements and help expedite their degree completion. GenEds also allow high school graduates to get a head start on their education. Taking online GenEds at William Jewell College is the ideal way to maximize your time without the expense and inconvenience of traveling and attending courses in a traditional classroom setting.
Online GenEds are offered in the following areas of study. Some prerequisites may apply:
- Biblical Studies
- Natural Sciences and Mathematics
500 College Hill
Liberty MO 64068
Average Cost per Credit
Higher Learning Commission of North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
Entirely Online and Blended
Private, Not-for-profit, Higher Education