Walden University

Teacher Preparation Program with M.A. in Teaching - Special Education, Learning Disabilities

The Post-Baccalaureate in Special Education, Learning Disabilities (K-12) program, offered by Walden University's The Richard W. Riley College of Education and Leadership, with an option to earn a Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) provides proven practices and teaching methods to promote social and academic achievement for students with learning disabilities. Incorporating the Council for Exceptional Children Standards and the Interstate New Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium Standards, this program can lead to a master's degree with only two additional research courses. Our Master of Arts in Teaching was developed by leading educational experts and master teachers to expand your teaching repertoire and make a greater impact in the classroom. In this program, you will: examine the characteristics of learning disabled youngsters in the context of characteristics of all types of learners; learn how to plan for and support the individual needs and strengths of the learning disabled; discover how to build collaborative relationships with parents and agencies to help promote learning in all content areas; and participate in supervised fieldwork and demonstration teaching to prepare you for the real-world life of a special educator. This program can be completed in 20 months. For individuals seeking a comparable teaching license in a state other than Minnesota, Walden's advisors can provide individuals with guidelines and other information about licensure. It remains the individual's responsibility to understand and comply with the out-of-state licensure requirements for the state in which he or she seeks to be licensed, as requirements vary state by state. Walden University makes no representation or guarantee that successful completion of any program or coursework will permit them to obtain state certification or licensure in their home state. Before Walden can recommend you for licensure to the Minnesota Board of Teaching, you must also pass the PRAXIS I and P.

Other Programs

    • No Matching Schools
  • Related Careers

    • No Entries Found
    Ask An Expert: Real Questions, Expert Answers

    Ask your Question