Walden University

Teacher Preparation Program with M.A. in Teaching - Special Ed, Emotional/Behavioral Disorders

The Post-Baccalaureate program in Special Education, Emotional/Behavioral Disorders (K-12) with an option to earn a Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.), offered by Walden University's The Richard W. Riley College of Education and Leadership, examines behavior and developmental strategies that can lead to a positive and inclusive learning environment for students with emotional and/or behavioral disorders. By incorporating the Council for Exceptional Children Standards and the Interstate New Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium Standards, this program can lead to a master's degree with only two additional research courses. Our Master of Arts in Teaching was developed by leading educational experts and master teachers in order to expand your teaching repertoire and make a greater impact in the classroom. In this program you will: examine the characteristics of EBD youngsters in comparison to all learners; learn how to promote positive behavior and effectively respond to misbehavior; discover how to develop an Individualized Educational Program (IEP) that speaks to the learning needs of EBD students; and participate in supervised fieldwork and demonstration teaching to prepare you for the real-world life of a special educator. This program can be completed in 20 months. For individuals seeking a comparable teaching license in a state other than Minnesota, Walden's advisors can provide individuals with guidelines and other information about licensure. It remains the individual's responsibility to understand and comply with the out-of-state licensure requirements for the state in which he or she seeks to be licensed, as requirements vary state by state. Walden University makes no representation or guarantee that successful completion of any program or coursework will permit them to obtain state certification or licensure in their home state. Before Walden can recommend you for licensure to the Minnesota Board of Teaching, you must also pass the PRAXIS I and the PRAX

Other Programs

    • No Matching Schools
  • Related Careers

    • No Entries Found
    Ask An Expert: Real Questions, Expert Answers

    Ask your Question