Founded in 1866, Towson University is regarded as one of the nation's best regional public universities. Towson University?s population of more than 21,000 students makes it the second largest public university in the state of Maryland.
Towson University is a founding member of the Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities (CUMU). As a metropolitan university, Towson combines research-based learning with practical application. Towson provides opportunities for research, internships and jobs among its many interdisciplinary partnerships with public and private organizations throughout Maryland.
Why Choose Towson University Online?
At Towson, you can take continuing education classes without ever stepping into a classroom. We offer a variety of professional certifications online to fit your schedule and educational needs.
Towson?s Center for Professional Studies (CPS) meets the diverse educational and consultative needs of students regardless of their location. CPS establishes effective working partnerships among corporations, government agencies, nonprofit organizations, military agencies, small businesses and other enterprises to make our services accessible to anyone, anywhere. With qualified staff available to help business, government, communities, and individuals connect with and benefit from Towson University?s considerable educational resources, CPS strengthens the university's community outreach efforts.
- Community outreach: Towson University develops and customizes training programs, hosts and assists with events and activities, and provides professional consultation to assist organizations.
- Degree prestige and value: Towson University has educated students since 1866 and offers more than 100 bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs in the liberal arts and sciences and in the applied professional fields.
- Convenience and flexibility: Online education gives students the opportunity to take a course or earn a degree in a flexible time frame.
- The online learning environment brings Towson University's classroom to homes, businesses and other locations convenient for students.
- Online classes do not restrict students to a designated time slot for class meetings.
- Knowledge excellence: Towson?s qualified faculty members offer training and expert consultation in a variety of professional fields.
- In many cases, the same faculty members teach online and face-to-face courses at Towson University.
- Expert professionals from the community teach some courses.
- Faculty members will provide designated office hours or another preferred method of contact.
Towson University is accredited through Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Our Online Professional Certification Programs
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- CompTIA A+ and Network+ Certification
- CCNA Certification