The University of Findlay
Master of Science in Environmental Safety and Health Management
The mission of the Master of Science in Environmental, Safety and Health Management (ESH) degree program at The University of Findlay is to equip students the skills necessary to make managerial decisions and provide leadership within the environmental, safety and occupational health industry.
Outcomes: Our curriculum ensures graduates will be able to:
- Understand executive, strategic and operational business concepts as they apply to ESH issues.
- Use quantitative mathematical/statistical methods as well as program-specific computer applications and online tools to assess and interpret data and other information whether it is of laboratory, field, engineering, financial or managerial origin.
- Apply the leadership, facilitation, negotiation and coordination techniques that are effectively used to address ESH issues among employees, organizations, communities and nations.
- Solve problems in selected areas of regulatory compliance and enforcement; basic and applied ESH science; engineering controls for risk reduction; behavior- and audit-based hazard management systems; functional ESH and project administrative tasks.
- Integrate business knowledge, analytical skills, managerial skills and technical knowledge into effective actions and presentations.
Quality and Convenience: Classes are available completely online and you can take your class and work on assignments when and where it is convenient to you. In addition to a traditional online classroom, students have many opportunities to interact with their classmates and professor through the University’s online classroom portal. Faculty hold regular online office hours and class discussions sessions during which students benefit from the interaction and shared knowledge base of other working professionals in their class.
Growth potential: The online ESH at The University of Findlay has been developed to help working professionals reach their personal career goals, whether that is to move up in their current organization, better position them for a change in their career path or to help them become more effective leaders in their current role.