The University of Findlay
About The University of Findlay Online
The University of Findlay’s online programs offer working adults the chance to complete their bachelor’s or master’s degree on their schedule. And through our online university, you will get the same personal attention, academic support services and easy to use technology that only Findlay can offer.
Founded in 1882 and offering online programs since 1997, Findlay is known for its innovative, high-quality programs and its dedication to personal attention.
About Our Program:
- Online courses make it easy to take classes at your own pace. You can take one or more class at a time, depending on how quickly you want to finish.
- Four strands to choose from let you customize the degree to meet your career goals:
- Business management
- Environmental, safety and health
- Emergency operations
- Health care administration
Why Choose The University of Findlay Online?
Numerous benefits exist for obtaining a degree from The University of Findlay Online:
Leadership: The University of Findlay is an integral part of the culture and economy of northwest Ohio. Our faculty, staff, students and alumni use their skills and resources to help make the region an outstanding place to live and work.
Degree prestige and value: For more than 130 years, The University of Findlay has provided students with a liberal arts-centered education in dozens of career fields including business, education, the sciences, health professions and liberal arts.
- UF ranks consistently in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges” in the Midwest and was also named to the “A+ Schools for B Students” list for the second year.
- The Princeton Review consistently recognizes UF as a “Best in the Midwest” college. The Princeton Review asks students to rate their school on several issues that range from professor accessibility to campus food quality, and to answer questions about themselves, fellow students and their campus life. Comments from surveyed students are quoted in the school profiles on The Princeton Review website.
- Institutional Research and Evaluation, Inc., an independent research organization specializing in higher education, recognized UF as one of “America’s Best Private Colleges.”
- Victory Media Inc. named UF to its “Military Friendly Schools” list for 2010, 2011 and 2013. The list honors the top 15 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools that do the most to embrace America’s military service members, veterans and spouses as students to ensure their success on campus.
- In 2012, UF was recognized as one of the best colleges in the nation to work for, according to a survey by the Chronicle of Higher Education. The results are based on a survey of more than 46,000 employees at 294 colleges and universities. In all, only 103 of the 294 institutions achieved recognition for specific best practices and policies. UF won honors in the facilities, workspace and security categories.
- The editors of Ohio Magazine chose Findlay as one of Ohio’s best hometowns for 2012-2013.
Flexible schedules: Curriculum accommodates busy, non-traditional students.
- With fully online classes, use of robust online technology access and six start dates a year, The University of Findlay’s online programs are designed with busy, working adults in mind.
- You can log in and participate in your classes at a time and place that fits best into your schedule.
Knowledge excellence: The same experienced faculty members who teach our traditional courses teach our online classes. Because we understand that an online learning environment is different from that of a traditional classroom, all of our faculty members in the online program have gone through rigorous training in the best practices for teaching in an online environment.
At The University of Findlay, you will learn from faculty members who have real-world experience and have distinguished themselves in their field through academic research and peer-reviewed publishing. Their connections to industry leaders will benefit you by widening your professional network.
Online campus: The University of Findlay’s website is tailored to online students, offering advice on academic, financial, technical and professional matters. It also details the online programs offered by The University of Findlay, course lists, descriptions and testimonials from current students and graduates of Findlay’ online programs.
Financial aid: Upon qualification, aid is available to all online, bachelor’s degree-seeking students.
- Apply and consult with The University of Findlay’s financial aid specialists to receive a customized financial aid plan.
- If you are eligible for tuition reimbursement through your employer, Findlay will work with you to make sure you don’t have to cover the reimbursed tuition amount upfront. You have up to 60 days after the last day of the course for your company to remit payment.
- The University of Findlay participates in the Chapter 33-Post 9/11 Veterans Education Assistance Act of 2008 and the Yellow Ribbon Program. Please contact the Office of the Registrar for details.
Fast Online Degree Completion
- If you have 61 transferrable credit hours or more, you can earn your bachelor’s degree from Findlay in less than two years.
- If you have less than 61 transferrable credit hours, Findlay’s admissions counselors will work with you to put together a completion timeline that is customized to you.
- With eight-week classes, offered six times a year, you can set your own pace for completing the program.
The University of Findlay is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (formerly North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools).
The University of Findlay is authorized to offer A.A., B.A., B.S., M.A., M.S., M.P.T., M.O.T., M.A.T., M.B.A., M.P.A. and D.P.T. programs by the Ohio Board of Regents (OBR).
You may contact the Higher Learning Commission regarding University of Findlay’s accreditation status via the following methods:
Phone: 312-263-0456 or 800-621-7440
Direct Mail: 30 North LaSalle St., Suite 2400, Chicago, IL 60602-2504
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management: Business Management Strand
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management: Environmental, Safety and Health Strand
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management: Emergency Operations Strand
- MBA: Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management: Healthcare Management Strand
- MBA: Certified Management Accountant
- MBA: Certified Public Accountant
- MBA: Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Environmental Safety and Health Management
- Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Certificate in Environmental Management
- Certificate in Emergency and Disaster Management
- Master of Science in Health Informatics