The College of New Jersey
Professional Development Courses
The College of New Jersey (TCNJ), in partnership with Regional Training Center (RTC), Professional Development Courses throughout New Jersey and online.
The overall emphasis in the TCNJ/RTC teacher development courses is placed on improving the quality and quantity of student learning in teachers’ classrooms. The skills and knowledge acquired by teachers in the graduate program help improve their students’ achievement and success.
- The TCNJ/RTC online courses are scheduled flexibly to accommodate busy teacher schedules.
- Online courses advance the teachers professionally while building teaching skills and strategies to improve K-12 student learning.
- Courses are designed to help teachers introduce new instructional skills and strategies into their lessons the very next day.
- Courses may be taken at a pace that is comfortable for the graduate student and do not need to be taken in any particular order. With the exception of the Action Research sequence, there are no required prerequisite courses.
- All courses focus on skills and strategies to improve student learning; producing measurable results benefits both the teachers and the students.
- Courses are usually taught by graduate faculty members who work full-time in K-12 schools and know the instructional and behavioral needs of K-12 students.
- Courses are taught using a variety of instructional techniques, modeling ways for teachers to improve every student’s learning. Rotating the teaching strategies helps the learning process—for teachers and for the K-12 students.
Available Online Courses:
Motivation: The Art and Science of Inspiring Classroom Success: Fall 2012
To find out more about the online courses and MEd complete curriculum, please submit a request for information. It’s fast, easy and FREE.