About Salem College
One of the nation's most distinguished private liberal arts colleges, Salem College began its long tradition of exceptional education in 1772.
Today, it stands as the oldest continually operating women's institutions in the nation, with an intimate learning community of students from all over the world.
For more than two centuries, exemplary students have selected Salem College for its high academic standards and dedication to students. The online programs at Salem College meet those same academic standards, while offering the convenience and flexibility needed by adult learners.
Why choose Salem College Online?
Attending courses or obtaining a degree from Salem College Online is rewarding, highly valuable and convenient:
- Leadership: If you want to shape the world around you and make a difference in the life of others, advancing your education at Salem College may be the way to do so.
- At Salem, learning is grounded in the pursuit for excellence, respect for the community and responsibility to self and the world.
- Degree Prestige and Value: For 239 years, Salem College has provided students with education in the liberal arts and professional studies.
- From as early as the 1850s, Salem College has been preparing women to become effective professionals and educators, and it is recognized as one of the top "character-building colleges" in the nation.
- Flexible Schedules: Online undergraduate and graduate courses of study are designed to accommodate the schedules of working professionals.
- General education courses delivered online have no residency requirements.
- Courses for the school counseling graduate program are offered online (with weekend residencies required for two specific classes).
- Knowledge Excellence: Salem College faculty members are well qualified with extensive experience in their respective professional fields.
- 89% of all faculty have Ph.D. or other terminal degree in their field.
- Faculty for each course has a solid background in the areas they teach, and they continue to be professionally engaged outside of Salem.
- Financial Aid: Financial aid is available to all Salem undergraduate and graduate students who qualify.
- Upon admission, candidates complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online and consult with Salem College financial aid specialists to receive a customized financial aid plan.
- Accreditation: Salem College is accredited by the Southern Association for Colleges and Schools (SACS).
Enjoy the Online Learning Experience at Salem College
As an online student at Salem, you will have the opportunity to share your knowledge, ideas and expertise in a virtual setting that enables every student to learn, participate, contribute and succeed. Your classmates will become your friends and colleagues as you engage in online discussions, forums and group projects. Online education will allow you to arrange class work around your busy schedule and empower you to reach your professional and personal goals faster.
For more information about Salem International University’s graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please click the link below.
601 South Church Street
Winston-Salem NC 27101
Average Cost per Credit
$340 – graduate courses (per credit) | $240 – tech fee (per course)
Salem College is accredited by the Southern Association for Colleges and Schools (SACS)
Online; Two weekend seminars on-campus