Master of Science in Strategic Leadership
Rosemont’s Master of Science in Strategic Leadership Degree is designed for current and aspiring leaders who want to be at the forefront of organizational and societal change. The program focuses on innovation, change management, and leadership development. The coursework emphasizes the practical application of ethical leadership concepts and skills, critical thinking, organization innovation, decision making, and creative problem solving. The Rosemont MSSL degree gives you a competitive edge by ensuring your education and skills are relevant and up to date with innovative leadership practices.
The Rosemont MSSL program is designed to enable its graduates to:
- Acquire fundamental leadership skills to become more effective within an organization.
- Learn multiple facets of organization behavior in the context of leadership theory and practice.
- Learn theories of leadership within personal and professional contexts.
- Learn management theory through leadership and the human application within organizations.
- Acquire knowledge specific to your area of business interest.
- Learn from instructors who have real-world business experience in a supportive and personal learning environment.
- Attend an institution whose core values – trust in and reverence for the dignity of each person; diversity in human culture and experience; persistence and courage in promoting justice with compassion are central to all of our classroom methodologies.
Students in the Rosemont MSSL Program will learn:
- The fundamentals of ethical leadership and decision making.
- How to communicate and lead in a culturally diverse environment at the organizational levels.
- How to lead change for innovation and alignment.
- Best practices in communicating across cultures and across generations.
- How to best use technology to improve organizational effectiveness.
- The fundamentals of operating a business in a global economy.
- How to best leverage Human Capital as a tool to foster knowledge transfer.
- How to develop and implement strategist planning models.
It is generally acknowledged by the Graduate Management Admissions Council that a Rosemont degree will prepare you for various roles within the business world including, but not limited to:
- Chief Executive Officer
- Organization Change Consultant
- General Manager
- Vice President of Strategic Development
- Business Entrepreneur
- Police Chief
- Medical and Health services Manager
- Training and Development Manager
- Chief Financial Officer
- Vice President of Information Technology.
Rosemont’s MSSL Program takes great pride in meeting the needs of our students by allowing them to choose from an online or on ground delivery format. Our faculty are expert practitioners who share their real world experiences with students in a collaborative learning environment.
The online MSSL is in an accelerated format in that each course last seven weeks, 33 credits in total, and students can complete the degree requirement in less than 24 months. (18 months on average) The tuition is $615 per credit hour with a $35 general fee per credit hour. There are generally no prerequisites to course selection except that the thesis is completed at the end of the program. In addition the 33 credits are made up of 11 defined courses, so there are no electives within the program.