Notre Dame College
Teacher Education Evening Licensure Program (TEEL)
Notre Dame College (NDC) has designed the online Teacher Education Evening Licensure Program (TEEL) to meet the needs of professionals interested in obtaining a teacher licensure in the state of Ohio but who lack the ability to conform to a fixed schedule of on-campus courses.
Licensed teachers can also use this endorsement to enhance their careers and advance their technological expertise in the field of education.
The fast-track endorsement program helps professionals with a bachelor's degree enter the program and emerge as certified teachers, enhance their careers and advance their technological expertise in the field of education.
Depending on the desired license, students can complete the TEEL online program, including student teaching, in 18-24 months. Previous coursework can also be applied toward licensure.
NDC holds its education programs up to a high standard of quality. The online TEEL program is an affordable and convenient choice for obtaining a quality advanced teacher education.
The licensure program curriculum prepares students for success in the following areas:
- Early Childhood (Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 3)
- Middle Childhood (Grades 4 to 9)
- Adolescent to Young Adult (Grades 7 to 12)
- Multi-Age (Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 12): Mild Moderate Intervention Specialist
Content areas include Integrated Language Arts, Integrated Mathematics, Integrated Social Studies, Life Science and Life Science/Chemistry.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university
- A minimum of 2.75 overall grade point average (GPA) in college coursework to date
Applicants with a GPA lower than 2.75 may be considered for provisional admission.