Notre Dame College
Master of Education, Reading Endorsement
Notre Dame College's Master of Education, Reading Endorsement program builds on a student's past teaching experience and helps them become a better classroom teacher. Earning a Reading Endorsement is an added credential to a teaching certification and can open many doors in the educational field. Graduates of the program will be able to effectively help both the struggling and advanced student understand the reading process.
Furthermore, a Reading Endorsement will open up many career opportunities and can help an individual become the teacher they've always sought to become. Teachers holding a Reading Endorsement can pursue advanced careers in education and can potentially expect an increase in their salary.
Along with being 100% online, Notre Dame College's Reading Endorsement can be completed as a "stand alone" credential. Students can enroll into the Master of Education degree program or complete the endorsement independently.
Students enrolling into the full Master of Education degree program with the Reading Endorsement are expected to complete core courses, research courses and the endorsement in reading courses.
- ED 501 Integrating Technology Across the Curriculum (3 Credits)
- ED 503 Social/Cultural Issues in Education (3 Credits)
- ED 504 Psychological Implications for the Teacher (3 Credits)
- ED 605 Curriculum Development for the Practitioner (3 Credits)
Endorsement in Reading (21 credits)
- ED 521 The Role of Phonics in Reading (3 credits)
- ED 525 Foundations of Reading Instruction (3 credits)
- ED 533 Reading Across the Curriculum in ECE (3 credits) or
- ED 535 Adolescent and Young Adult Literature (3 credits)
- ED 556 Diagnosis of Reading Disabilities (3 credits)
- ED 557 Correction of Reading Disabilities (3 credits)
- ED 655 Reading Practicum (3 credits)
Research Courses (6 credits)
- ED 607 Research Design for Educators (3 Credits)
- ED 698 Research Project I (1 Credit)
- ED 699 Research Project II (2 Credits)