Mount Mercy University
About Mount Mercy University Online
A private, co-ed, residential institution, sponsored by the Conference for Mercy Higher Education, Mount Mercy University is a Catholic institution offering baccalaureate and graduate education to more than 1,800 enrolled students, uniquely blending liberal arts learning with professional career development. Founded in 1928 by the Sisters of Mercy, Mount Mercy welcomes students of all faiths. Located on 40 beautiful wooded acres on a hill in the heart of historic Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Mount Mercy offers more than 40 majors and minors, including strong programs in nursing, education, criminal justice and business; six graduate programs; an accelerated adult program for working Iowans.
Why Choose Mount Mercy University Online?
Obtaining a degree from Mount Mercy University Online is rewarding and convenient:
- Leadership ? Nearly 6,000 alumni live and work in Linn and Johnson counties, all with a strong service and leadership ethic, making significant contributions to their communities thanks to their Mount Mercy educations.
- Degree Prestige and Value ? U.S. News & World Report ranks Mount Mercy as one of America's Best Colleges. Mount Mercy is also a member of the Colleges of Distinction, which recognizes that a Mount Mercy education is a strong start for a lifetime of learning and service.
- Convenience and Flexibility ? Curriculum is convenient for any location and work schedule.
- Knowledge Excellence ? Our faculty's skills and experience can help you apply your acquired knowledge to the real world.
- Nearly 60% hold terminal degrees in respective fields;
- Student-to-faculty ratio 12:1;
- All undergraduate courses taught by professors
- Financial Aid ? Upon qualification, aid is available to all online students.
- Apply and consult with Mount Mercy University financial aid specialists to receive a customized financial aid plan.
Mount Mercy University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- The Council on Social Work Education
- The Iowa Board of Nursing
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Iowa Department of Education
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resource Management
1330 Elmhurst Dr NE
Cedar Rapids IA 52402
Average Cost per Credit
$450 per credit hour
Accreditation Mount Mercy University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Entirely online, Blended
Private not-for-profit- 4-year or above