Jones International University
MEd in Adult Education
Step up your adult learning environment. Whether you are currently working in the adult education field or seek an exciting and meaningful career change, JIU’s MEd in Adult Education will provide you the practical skills, techniques, and confidence to excel in this growing industry. Our project-based degree program is comprehensive – you will address not only theory, organizational development strategies and assessments of adult learning, but apply this new knowledge to real-world situations. Our special emphasis on technology in adult education will enhance your skills even more.
Your work environment will immediately benefit because this fully online program is designed specifically for busy professionals. Our graduates emerge as leaders in their adult learning communities, inspired to implement quality curriculum, improve teaching and learning and transform their organizations.
Degree Learning Objectives:
- Explain and apply adult learning theory.
- Apply research methods to improve learning organizations.
- Demonstrate and apply strategic planning.
- Demonstrate and apply business management for learning organizations.
- Demonstrate and apply needs assessment for learning environments.
- Integrate assessment strategies to improve adult learning.
- Complete a capstone project that demonstrates successful application of the knowledge and skills you have acquired during your tenure at JIU to a real educational issue or opportunity. Your capstone project should demonstrate your proficiency with the learning objectives for your program area. Demonstrate how your capstone project connects to the JIU competency bank in a convincing way. Incorporate the Total Professional Advantage® deliverables into your capstone project.
Who should enroll:
The MEd in Adult Education is designed for educators who want to improve the quality of leadership, curriculum, instruction, and assessment within adult learning communities. Graduates emerge as leaders who are ready to transform adult education and advance in their careers.