Jones International University
MBA in Accounting
Success, by the numbers. Are you working in accounting but want to take your career to the next level? This degree program will provide you with all the skills and knowledge to flourish in this fast-growing field with in-depth coursework in financial, managerial, cost and auditing. Our core MBA curriculum in business, ethics and leadership fundamentals provides the perfect foundation for this highly-valued specialization.
Note: The JIU accounting program is specifically developed to meet the AICPA’s 150 credit hour requirement. Students with a standard Bachelors of Business in Accounting at 120 credit hours can take the 30 credit hour accounting component of the MBA to meet the AICPA standards or elect to take all 36 credit hours and receive the MBA as well. Additionally, students with a Bachelors in Business who did not major in accounting, but wish to change fields, can take the five JIU Bachelor-level accounting course in addition to the MBA level courses to meet AICPA education standards.
Pre-Requisites: The MBA Accounting specialization has the following undergraduate level pre-requisites (or their equivalents):
- BBA306 Financial Accounting
- BBA407 Intermediate Accounting I
- BBA408 Intermediate Accounting II
- BBA409 Taxation I
Degree Learning Objectives:
- Apply concepts of audit risk, materiality, and evidence to selected audit and assurance services, processes and business systems
- Understand professional audit responsibilities relative to assurance, attestation, and internal auditing services
- Understand and apply advanced accounting concepts to a variety of service and manufacturing organizations
- Identifies the tax consequences of many sophisticated business, financial, and personal wealth-planning transactions
- Evaluates different approaches to fraud detection and deterrence relative to forensics accounting
- Develop foundational business knowledge and skills through the core courses
Who should enroll:
This degree program is ideal for students who want to work in public, management, and government accounting as well as internal auditing. Our flexible, professionally focused program will enable you to structure your studies to focus on budget analysis, financial and investment planning and information technology consulting so that you may pursue your personal and professional goals.
Interested in becoming a CPA? If so, do understand that every state has different requirements. Please check with your state’s CPA Accountancy Board to make sure that you fully understand the specific educational requirements to sit for your state's CPA exam.