Jones International University
BBA in Health Care Management
A healthy foundation. Unprecedented growth and technology advancements in health care present unique challenges to administrators. Skilled, effective management in this dynamic, competitive field is essential. If you have an associate’s degree or certification in health care and now want to expand your horizons and move into management in your chosen field, this program is for you. This degree specialization integrates general education and business fundamentals with an expertise in health care administration so that our graduates emerge fully prepared to assume supervisory/management positions in this growing industry.
Degree Learning Objectives:
- Examine specific steps involved with proposing, formulating, modifying, and implementing health care management policies and practices
- Identify leadership qualities and to assess the effectiveness for future, personal, career directions
- Examine the critical legal and ethical issues faced by managers and their impact on business operations
- Understand the steps required to plan for quality assurance and identify method(s) that position a company to achieve its quality objectives
- Develop foundational business knowledge and skills through the core courses
Who should enroll:
This specialization will appeal to those with a health care background who seek a leadership role in this burgeoning field. This includes, but is not limited to, those working as, or aspiring to be, health care supervisors, medical records administrators, hospital facilities managers, nurse staff administrators, and medical staff services technicians.
Note: The BBA specialization in Health Care Management requires that students already have either an associate's degree or certified training certificate in a related industry.