Jones International University
BBA in Finance
High stakes, big rewards. Understanding the basic principles of corporate finance and acquiring the skills to put theory into practice is a highly valued in any business setting. If the lucrative world of corporate finance is in your sights, our flexible, project-based degree program will put you on the path to success.
This specialization will provide you with a working knowledge of managerial finance as you learn to use such techniques as planning and forecasting to evaluate and improve on an organization’s financial performance. In addition to developing a fundamental understanding of business, ethics and leadership, you will study the links between financial theory, public policy and corporate strategy.
For those interested in professional certification, students who graduate from JIU with an BBA in Finance are eligible under the education requirement of the American Academy of Financial Management™ (AAFM™) for the MFP™ Master Financial Professional Credential. Click here to learn more.
Degree Learning Objectives:
- Understand the principles underlying financial arrangements and contracts and their application to business
- Analyze the abilities of corporations to manage foreign exchange risk, cash, and capital budgeting issues in a global environment
- Analyze the valuation of assets in markets
- Identify strategies that can be used to achieve specific investment goals
- Understand and apply financial principles and practices to global organizations.
- Integrate financial accounting issues with corporate financial reporting policies
- Develop foundational business knowledge and skills through the core courses
Who should enroll:
This program specialization will appeal to any student who seeks to enhance his or her skills in the areas of traditional, international, and e-global finance, reporting, structure and management. This includes, but is not limited to, financial analysts and aspiring executives and managers who feel a strong foundation in corporate finance will build their professional skill set and expand their career opportunities.