Jones International University
BBA in Accounting
Success, by the numbers. If you want to break into the fast-growing field of accounting but lack the fundamental knowledge and technical skills necessary to excel, this program specialization is for you! This degree will prepare you for professional certification as a Certified Public Accountant and expand your opportunities to work in a variety of positions both in and outside the traditional role of preparing, analyzing and verifying financial documents. These include budget analysis, financial and investment planning, information technology consulting and even limited legal services.
Degree Learning Objectives:
- Analyze and apply fundamental principles of cost accounting to a variety of industries
- Understand and apply advanced financial accounting topics as part of the information system that supports organizational decision making
- Examine the economic and social policy issues of taxation
- Examine the common ground between financial theory and tax law
- Develop a framework of federal income taxation that allows for future tax law changes
- Develop foundational business knowledge and skills through the core courses
Who should enroll:
This degree program is ideal for students who want to work in public, management, and government accounting as well as internal auditing. Our flexible, project-based program will enable you to structure your studies to focus on budget analysis, financial and investment planning and information technology consulting so that you may pursue your personal and professional goals.
Interested in becoming a CPA? If so, do understand that every state has different requirements. Please check with your state’s CPA Accountancy Board to make sure that you fully understand the specific educational requirements to sit for your state's CPA exam.