Certificate of Christian Ministry
The Certificate of Christian Ministry is intended to provide the basic biblical, theological, and ministry knowledge to improve their ability to serve with confidence in their local churches. It is intended for those who would desire to teach Sunday School, lead youth groups and youth retreats, organize Christian Education programs, or work at Church-related camps.
The Certificate of Christian Ministry is housed is the Religion/Philosophy Department. The department also offers a major in Religion/Philosophy, a minor in Religion, and a minor in Christian Ministry. The courses taken for the Christian Ministry Certificate may all be applied toward majors and minors if you wish to matriculate at Jamestown College.
The 15-credit hour program consists of the following five courses:
- Old Testament
- New Testament
- Introduction to Theology
- Introduction to Ministry
- Christian Traditions
The Certificate of Christian Ministry program will:
- Provide you with a credential from a credible university.
- Give you tools and skills for continuing study and teaching.
- Increase your confidence in your personal level of knowledge.
- Help you to grow spiritually.
- Encourage you in the use of your god-given gifts and talents.