Iowa Wesleyan College
About Iowa Wesleyan College Online
As a four year liberal arts college, Iowa Wesleyan College is dedicated to preparing students to succeed in a changing global environment. Iowa Wesleyan is closely affiliated with the United Methodist Church, where it derives its sensitivity for spiritual values in social justice and human welfare, local, national and international. In its distinctive role among the many learning institutions in America, Iowa Wesleyan holds fast to the ideals of its founding vision, while still fostering creativity and the pursuit of truth in its developing curricular framework of Learning in Community.
Why Choose Iowa Wesleyan College Online?
Obtaining a degree from Iowa Wesleyan College Online is rewarding and convenient:
- Leadership – Iowa Wesleyan College was a pioneer in higher education admitting women, minorities and international students almost immediately after its founding. Iowa Wesleyan College maintains its commitment to its community as a leader in higher education.
- Degree Prestige and Value – Since 1842, Iowa Wesleyan College has provided students with education in business, education, fine arts, human studies, nursing, science and more.
- Notable alumni include the first female commander of the International Space Station, the first female lawyer in the United States, as well as the discoverer of the Earth’s radiation belts.
- Flexible Schedules – Curriculum is designed to accommodate busy, non-traditional students. The online format allows students to earn a degree according to their schedule and pace.
- Knowledge Excellence – Iowa Wesleyan College provides high-quality degree programs taught by experienced faculty and staff. Each student receives an individualized learning experience combining the development of the intellect with adaptive life skills.
- Financial Aid – Qualified online students can receive some form of financial assistance.
- Apply and consult with Iowa Wesleyan College financial aid specialists to receive a customized financial aid plan.
- All students should file their FAFSA application in order to optimize their financial aid package.
- Federal financial aid along with institutional scholarships is available to help online students afford their tuition.
- Convenience and Flexibility – Online programs offer working professionals the convenience and flexibility needed to earn their degree according to their schedule and pace.
- Transfer students from a community college or four-year institution, or a combination of the two, are welcomed to finish their degree at Iowa Wesleyan College.
- Iowa Wesleyan accepts up to 64 credit hours from community colleges and up to 94 credit hours from four-year institutions. A transfer student’s final 30 semester hours must be completed at Iowa Wesleyan College.
Enjoy the Online Experience at Iowa Wesleyan College
The traditional brick and mortar learning environment no longer fits the needs of every student seeking a degree. Online degree programs provide distance learners with the opportunity to earn their degree and advance their careers. Distance learners can use their work experiences to facilitate their coursework and discussions with classmates. And, coursework can be completed at a pace that is comfortable for the student.
Iowa Wesleyan College is a four-year coeducational college of liberal arts and sciences related to the United Methodist Church. Iowa Wesleyan College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Iowa Wesleyan is also accredited by the Iowa Department of Education, and the University Senate of the United Methodist Church. The College’s baccalaureate nursing program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC). The College is approved by the government training program under the Veteran’s Bill (550 and 894).
601 N Main Street
Mount Pleasant IA 52641
Average Cost per Credit
$425 per credit hour
Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
Private not-for-profit- 4-year or above