Highland Community College
About Highland Community College Online
Highland Community College prepares traditional and non-traditional students in Northeast Kansas to continue their education at baccalaureate granting institutions. Recent Kansas University studies confirm that the academic level at HCC is very competitive and, upon transfer, HCC students enjoy as good or better academic results as students from other similar institutions.
Highland Community College Online offers general education classes that satisfy the requirements for associate degree completion at HCC. The online courses also meet the general education requirements of many other colleges and universities and can therefore transfer for baccalaureate degree completion.
HCC offers online general education courses as well as an Associate in Applied Science in Risk Management degree.
Why Choose Highland Community College Online?
There are numerous benefits associated with completing online courses at Highland Community College Online:
Leadership - Highland Community College began in 1858 and was the first college in Kansas.
- HCC's history spans over 150 years and is rich with success in serving students from Northeast Kansas and beyond.
Flexible Schedules - The most often identified advantage of online courses is flexible scheduling that allows for accelerated academic, personal and professional growth.
- By attending online courses at HCC, students are able to use their own learning styles while exchanging information with classmates and instructors.
- Online courses allow students to schedule their coursework around work and family activities.
Knowledge Excellence - Highland Community College emphasizes student development and eminent teacher recruitment.
- HCC understands that teachers are the most precious contributors to quality education. HCC teachers are ready to instruct in the classroom and guide and advice outside the classroom.
Online Courses - The online programs developed at Highland Community College are some of the most comprehensive in the region. Thus, quality online learning is valued by the institution as well as by its students.
- Course offerings range from Art to Economics, Literature to Math, Business to Music and Sociology to History.
- Taking online courses at HCC Online provides students with the valuable opportunity to grow personally and professionally at a faster pace than ever before.
Financial Aid - Financial aid is available to all online students who qualify. Every year, over 93% of students receive financial aid.
- Financial Aid advisers consult with students and guide them through the process of obtaining grants, loans and scholarships in accordance with their academic strengths, special talents and financial needs.
Enjoy the Online Experience at Highland Community College
- Time and convenience are precious to the modern student.
- HCC allows students to complete courses using technology - the Internet and email.
- In accordance with academic goals, students can choose from a long list of general education courses to complete or supplement course requirements each term.
- Online classes at HCC require no traveling or gas expense.
- Students receive a quality education at a very affordable and competitive price.
The program is fully accredited, as is Highland Community College, by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
606 W. Main
Highland KS 66035
Average Cost per Credit
$109 in-state; $135 out-of state
North Central Association of the Higher Learning Commission
Private, not-for-profit, Higher Education