Online Education Specialist (Ed.S.) in Administration and Leadership
Offered fully online, Converse College's Education Specialist (Ed.S.) in Administration and Leadership degree prepares certified administrators to perform successfully in administrative positions beyond the school building level. The online format allows busy, working professionals to advance their careers on their own schedules.
The Ed.S. in Administration and Leadership online program consists of 33 hours and is designed for education professionals who wish to obtain an administrative position at the district level. The program's curriculum offers advanced study in courses that fulfill part of the requirements for superintendent certification in South Carolina. The curriculum combines advanced study in such topics as curriculum, policy, and budgeting with 9 hours of study in a related educational area.
Education Specialist (Ed.S.) in Administration and Leadership Courses
EDU 715: Curriculum Leadership
EDU 701: School District Budget Management
EDU 703: Educational Policy Analysis
EDU 710: School Facilities
EDU 780: Superintendency Internship (six-hour course)
EDU 720: The Superintendency
EDU 750: Advanced Educational Research
COGNATE Courses: EDU 615: Reading Instruction and Assessment for Diverse Learners, EDU 616: Advanced Studies in Literacy Coaching, EDU 617: Trends and Issues in Literacy Education
Job opportunities: The Education Specialist in Administration and Leadership online degree program is designed for those who wish to become administrators at the district level.
Education Specialist in Administration and Leadership Degree Program Admissions Requirements
To be considered for admission to this program, an applicant should submit the following credentials:
- A completed application form (either online or through the mail)
- The $40.00 application fee (nonrefundable)
- Official transcripts of all previous college credit sent directly to the School of Graduate Studies (minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 or better on all previous graduate work; completion of Master's degree required.
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one from an immediate supervisor)
- A current curriculum vitae showing information about relevant professional experiences
- A copy of professional certification as an educator
- A copy of professional certification as a school administrator
- The Graduate Application Signature form (if applying online)