Online Education Specialist (Ed.S.) in Literacy Degree
The Education Specialist (Ed.S.) in Literacy degree program is offered fully online and prepares education professionals to serve in leadership roles at the local and state levels. The online format allows busy, working adults to advance their careers on their own schedules.
The online Education Specialist in Literacy degree consists of 36 hours and includes courses dealing with the theories, methods and materials for reading, reading instruction, language, language instruction, reading assessment and diagnosis. The program fulfills a Master's + 30 requirement.
Education Specialist (Ed.S.) in Literacy Courses
EDU 516: Coaching for Literacy Education
EDU 522: Teaching Writing in the Elementary/Middle/High School
EDU 525: Content Area Reading
EDU 555: Diversity in the Classroom
EDU 612: Foundations in Reading
EDU 613: Instructional Strategies for Reading
EDU 614: Assessment Strategies for Reading
EDU 615: Teaching Instruction and Assessment for Diverse Learners
EDU 616: Advanced Studies in Literacy Coaching
EDU 617: Trends and Issues in Literacy Education
EDU 619: Literacy Coaches as Action Researchers (six-hour course)
Job opportunities:The Education Specialist in Literacy degree prepares exemplary professionals to provide leadership in reading at local and state levels.
Education Specialist in Literacy Degree Program Admissions Requirements
To be considered for admission to this program, an applicant should submit the following credentials:
- A completed application (either online or through the mail)
- The $40 application fee (nonrefundable)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from all colleges attended; completion of Master?s degree required.
- NTE/PRAXIS II scores
- A copy of professional certification as an educator
- A personal one-page essay
- The Graduate Application Signature form (if applying online)