Colorado Technical University
Bachelor of Science in Finance
The curriculum for the Bachelor of Science in Finance is designed to help students become familiar with current approaches to financial planning and analysis, money and capital markets, investments and securities and financial markets and institutions.
This industry-current degree program is designed for career-minded students interested in the fields of financial management, corporate finance and financial analysis. Coursework has been designed to challenge them to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Understand the role of capital markets in investment opportunities.
- Examine the financial performance of a firm based on its financial statements.
- Discuss the ethical ramifications of a firm's financial disclosure.
- Apply appropriate concepts and principles of finance, accounting, and statistics to make effective decisions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic functional areas of management.
- Demonstrate the critical skills necessary to solve business problems.
In addition to the general education requirements, the Bachelor of Science in Finance includes courses taught by instructors who have relevant career experience in financial management, corporate finance and financial analysis. Their firsthand knowledge and perspectives offer students the opportunity to learn from professionals willing to share their understanding of risk management, derivatives, financial modeling and forecasting and many other topics relevant to the modern finance industry.
Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools