California Lutheran University
Online Master of Business Administration
California Lutheran University's (CLU) reputable and accredited online MBA program, offered through the School of Business, is specifically designed to meet your needs as a working professional. The MBA program's convenient and flexible Web-based environment allows you to maintain your current lifestyle while advancing your career aspirations.
CLU's online graduate business programs present the same academic substance you would find in a traditional classroom environment, while affording you the unparalleled convenience of a flexible online format. These courses offer more direct assignments, and because the classes are recorded online, you never have to miss a class. Like traditional MBA classes, rigorous coursework accompanies the program, in addition to a significant amount of one-on-one time with instructors via phone and email.
Program Details: Offered year round, online MBA courses last for eight weeks. Although rigorous, the program's accelerated format - which condenses an 11-week course into an eight-week online format - allows you to complete the program in less than two years, if you so choose. The online MBA program is comprised of 15 courses totaling 45 credits (12 core courses and three electives). The capstone course (574) must be taken during the final term.
- Skills: The online MBA program gives you the ability to become a well-rounded professional who understands:
- Economic, legal, political and strategic factors
- Concepts and processes in finance and financial institutions, production, marketing and distribution
- Concepts and methods of accounting, quantitative methods and information systems
- Organizational theory, interpersonal relationships, leadership and motivational strategies and communications
- Administrative processes, integrative strategies and management policy determination in challenging conditions
- Ethical values and systems for decision-making
- Information technology for enterprises and professionals in business and technology
- Leadership: CLU's online MBA program prepares you to be a leader in your community and gives you the confidence that will enable you to perform creatively, ethically and effectively within complex organizations.
- Expertise: CLU is ranked as one of the top 20 western regional universities by U.S. News and World Report, giving you the credibility you need to succeed in your profession.
Online Learning at California Lutheran University
CLU online courses are taught using a state-of-the-art program called Wimba Live Classroom, which is specifically designed for instructors and students to interact in a virtual setting, display PowerPoint presentations and videos, participate in discussion boards and even write on a whiteboard. Additionally, students have the option to review live and archived classroom discussions, webinars and presentations specifically geared toward the field of finance.
Among other awards and accolades, CLU is a recipient of the USDLA (United States Distance Learning Association) 2007 Silver Award for Excellence in Distance Learning.