California Lutheran University
About California Lutheran University Online
California Lutheran University Online California Lutheran University is located in an intellectually rich community nestled in the Conejo Valley, halfway between Santa Barbara and Los Angeles. With its intimate size and beautiful setting, CLU provides the perfect place for lively debate, a diverse curriculum and a learning environment that values the intellectual needs and abilities of the individual.
One of the newest of CLU's innovative business programs is the online MBA and Certificate in Financial Planning program. This program, designed specifically for professionals in the financial planning or finance related fields, is constructed to enable working students to earn an MBA or Certificate in Financial Planning entirely online. This program is the only online MBA program completely geared toward financial planning and services professionals.
For busy professionals seeking to advance their careers through the acquisition of knowledge, a credential or degree, the online program is ideal in terms of convenience and scheduling flexibility. Whether employed, taking care of children or managing other social and professional responsibilities, students can achieve intellectual and career advancement in the world of finance by taking part in the accelerated online learning program at California Lutheran University.
Why Choose California Lutheran University Online?
- Degree Accreditation & Leadership - California Lutheran University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and is ranked a "Top 20 School in the West" by U.S. News.
- National Accolades - The USDLA (United States distant Learning Association) named CLU as the recipient of the 2007 Silver Award for Excellence in Distance Learning.
- Degree Prestige and Value - The Financial Planning program is registered with the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. (the CFP Board). As a CFP Board-Registered Program, our courses satisfy CFP Board's initial education requirement, allowing an individual to sit for the CFP® Certification Examination. The median annual earnings of wage and salary personal financial advisors were $66,120 in May 2006. The middle 50 percent earned between $44,130 and $114,260. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $32,340 and the highest 10 percent earned more than $145,600. These statistics are sourced from the Occupational Employment Statistics (OES) survey program.
- Flexible Schedules - Curriculum is designed for busy, achievement oriented, non-traditional students allowing students to maintain responsibilities at home while building a new future.
- Knowledge Excellence - CLU courses are taught by a dedicated and tenured faculty and nationally recognized financial planning experts.
- Virtual Campus - California Lutheran University offers a state-of-the-art Virtual Student Resource Center with 24/7 academic and technical support, an online library offering access to over 18,000 business journals, 2 million books and 400 online financial calculators.
- Financial Aid - Aid is available in the form of Stafford loans to online graduate degree students who qualify.
- Accelerated Online Degree Completion* - The accelerated format of the program allows a student to complete the program in less than two years if desired.
- Academic credits obtained previously may go toward your online degree. Students may petition to transfer up to nine semester credits of graduate coursework taken at other regionally accredited colleges or universities. Students may also be eligible to transfer up to 9 credits for previously earned Master's Degrees.
Enjoy the Online Experience at California Lutheran University
CLU online courses are taught using a state-of-the-art program called Wimba Live Classroom which is specifically designed for instructors and students to interact in a virtual setting, display PowerPoint presentations and videos, participate in discussion boards and even write on a whiteboard. Additionally, students have the option to review live and archived classroom discussions, webinars and presentations specifically geared toward the field of finance. Virtual student lounges are available to all students in the financial planning program to which students can meet to discuss assignments, form study groups, tutoring services or develop assigned group projects.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and which it awards to individuals who successfully complete initial and ongoing certification requirements.
California Lutheran University does not certify individuals to use the CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and marks. CFP certification is granted solely by Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. to individuals who, in addition to completing an educational requirement such as this CFP Board-Registered Program, have met ethics, experience and examination requirements.
60 West Olsen Road
Thousand Oaks CA 91360
Average Cost per Credit
$630 Graduate Level
$480 Certificate Level
Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Private, not-for-profit, Higher Education