Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) - Degree Completion Program
The Bachelor of Social Work Degree Completion Program is designed to provide an efficient and high quality delivery of social work theory and practice courses. This online degree completion opportunity provides degree-seeking students with the knowledge required for the social work field, as well as opportunities for practical application.
(Program Requirements - Brescia University's degree completion programs require each student to have completed 45 credit hours at an accredited school.)
The requirements for admission into the Bachelor of Social Work can be met by earning an associate degree in human services at Brescia University 100% online.
The Bachelor of Social Work online program from Brescia University offers:
- Flexible Courses - Courses are designed with the adult student in mind, enabling them to complete a degree in as little as two years.
- Accredited Program - The Council on Social Work Education has accredited Brescia University's Bachelor of Social Work Program.
- Affordability - The Bachelor of Social Work online degree at Brescia University is offered at an affordable price. Federal and state financial aid is available to those students who qualify.
- Adult Friendly Campus - Brescia University has been at the forefront of adult-centered education. Adult students receive exceptional service as they complete their degrees at Brescia University.
The Bachelor of Social Work online program provides a vehicle for individuals who are already in the field of human services or a related area to complete their bachelor's degree in social work and prepare them for further graduate studies. A degree in social work is useful for a career in child protective and aging population services, anti-poverty programs, corrections, criminal justice and many other similar areas. A degree in social work will make you very employable in any one of many human services agencies.
The Bachelor of Social Work courses articulate the competency expectations of the Council on Social Work Education. Additionally, nontraditional students taking the courses for general education requirement (GER) credit will gain a basic understanding of social work as a profession.
For students who have already met the minimum GER of Brescia University and who have 86 transferable credits (21 in 300-400 level courses), the program can be completed in two years. Those who have not met these requirements may take longer to complete the degree. The online social work program also assists in providing GER credit for those students who meet the criteria for taking online courses at Brescia.
Major Subject Requirements (42 hours)
- SW 280 Introduction to Social Work
- SW 301 Human Behavior in the Social Environment I
- SW 302 Human Behavior in the Social Environment II
- SW 304 Practice I
- SW 306 Practice II
- SW 308 Practice III
- SW 310 Social Issues in Diversity
- SW 401 Social Welfare Policy
- SW 405 Research Methods
- SW 305 Field I
- SW 406 Field II
- SW 410 Research and Statistics
- SW Electives (2 courses required)