Disaster Management Certificate
Step Up to Responsibility and Reward.
News coverage of natural and man-made disasters spreads rapidly. So does news coverage of disaster recovery operations gone awry. If you are interested in working in the field of emergency management, earning your Disaster Management Certificate can help prepare you to act knowledgably, capably, and decisively in the face of catastrophe. And knowing you've made a significant difference is a reward beyond compare.
- As a public health official, you'll have the essential abilities to prepare for and prevent disasters, assess risk, and navigate communication channels effectively.
- You'll see the role of disaster management from both a top-down perspective and a “boots-on-the-ground” view.
- You'll understand the psychological and sociological impact of disasters on individuals, families, and communities.
Why Benedictine Online?
Benedictine University prepares students to be informed, responsible citizens and leaders. Benedictine Online adds to that with the convenience of flexible scheduling. Our online certificate programs address the most sought-after areas of public health expertise: health management and policy, health education and promotion, and disaster management. Each four-course certificate program can be taken by itself or in conjunction with Benedictine's Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) online degree.
- Benedictine's online programs are competitively priced and approved for use of federal student loan funds for qualified applicants.
- Military members receive tuition discounts.
Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC).