About Barry University Online
Barry University, located in Miami, Florida, is a Catholic institution of higher education founded in 1940 by the Adrian Dominican Sisters and committed to diversity and multiculturalism, fundamental to our institutional excellence.
Online education at Barry University builds learning communities of nontraditional students unified in their appreciation and desire for advanced education that works with their own individual needs and lifestyles.
Our mission is to provide excellent education for working professionals with demanding job schedules who can dedicate evenings to their own development, stay at home parents who have precious 'me time' between the demands of their children, and military personnel who do not have to disrupt their educational program plan during deployments or new post assignments.
Why Choose Barry University Online?
Obtaining a degree from Barry University Online is rewarding and convenient:
- Leadership - Barry University promotes and supports the intellectual life, and pursues scholarly and critically the fundamental questions of the human experience.
- In the pursuit of truth, the University aims to advance the development of solutions that promote the common good and a more humane and just society. In keeping with the Mission Statement of the University, the School of Adult & Continuing Education (ACE) emphasizes inclusive community, social justice, and collaborative service.
- Degree Prestige and Value - Graduate education through the School of Adult & Continuing Education (ACE) is grounded in the mission of Barry University. Our learners' educational experience contributes to their development as career professionals who have, or will have leadership roles in their professions, communities, and society.
- Barry's students are empowered to carry out the university's mission through contributions to their communities and society at large, especially in the pursuit of knowledge and truth, life-long learning, growth and development.
- Military & Veteran Friendly School - Barry University is proud to serve those who bravely serve our country.
- Our learning and support network is built to help active military, veterans and their families overcome unique challenges. ACE's professional advisors are available to discuss your educational and financial options, from admission to graduation.
- Flexible Schedules - Curriculum is designed to accommodate busy, nontraditional students.
- Barry University recognizes the educational needs of our adult learners and offers online courses, to enable working professionals to fit education in their demanding schedule.
- Online courses are eight (8) weeks long and multiple entry points are available during the academic year.
- Financial Aid - Upon qualification, aid is available to all online students.
- Apply and consult with Barry University financial aid specialists to receive a customized financial aid plan.
Receive Credit for Work/Life Experience
Experiential Learning Portfolio
The School of Adult & Continuing Education (ACE) of Barry University is a leader in the assessment of experiential learning and equating adult learning experiences to academic disciplines.
Adult students never stop learning, and a great deal of learning occurs outside the classroom: learning is gained from your career experiences, your community activities, professional organizations, etc. These sources of learning are referred to as "experiential learning" or learning acquired outside a traditional classroom setting.
Enjoy the Online Experience at Barry University
Life changes are a constant challenge for working adults of all ages as they must adapt to new situations, new jobs or new goals. With Barry University Online, nontraditional learners can embrace change and adaptation without disrupting their learning goals. We empower our students to become the architects of their own learning experience as a member of a learning community of fellow professionals, all connected by the same objectives and desires.
Undergraduate and graduate online courses delivered within the degree programs at Barry University enable students to maximize the outcome of their learning experience through intensive collaboration, exchange of ideas and experiences. The faculty is always prepared and excited to provide the best academic support and create a productive learning environment.
Barry University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, Telephone number 404-679-4501, website: www.sacsoc.org) to award bachelor's, master's, specialist, and doctoral degrees.
11300 NE 2nd Avenue
Miami Shores FL 33161
Average Cost per Credit
$685 per credit hour
Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Online, Blended, Classroom Based
Private, Not-for-profit, Higher Education