Arlington Baptist College
About Arlington Baptist College Online
If variety is the spice of life, then Arlington Baptist College (ABC) is certainly heating things up in the world of online education! Recognizing that students have different educational needs and life styles, ABC offers flexible and life-fitting online learning. ABC's numerous online courses are delivered 100% online to accommodate busy professionals in pursuit of higher education.
ABC is proud to offer Online bachelor's degree completion programs in Bible-General Studies and Biblical Counseling, as well as a Bible Certificate and General Studies courses. Online programs are geared towards students who desire training in Bible and related subjects for church work and/or personal spiritual edification but choose not to pursue a ministerial major. Our Bible online courses are also highly sought-after by teachers who need to meet professional development requirements.
Our online programs allow room for a wide range of elective hours in various fields, thus graduates are prepared for a breadth of church-related ministries and professions. All courses in these programs are offered via Internet, making the programs ideal for any student who requires a convenient format for completing coursework. The degree completion programs lead to a Bachelor of Science degree. Online Courses/Degree Programs:
Why Choose Arlington Baptist College Online?
- High-Quality Faculty: All online instructors are selected on the basis of expertise in course content, understanding of online learning and commitment to student success.
- 24/7/365 Help Desk and Tech Support: Accessible any time of day or night, an outstanding support team makes sure every student can retrieve course materials, download class lectures, complete exams and more.
- Convenient Class Meeting Times and Course Work: Between work, family and church responsibilities, many students do not have time to attend classes on a college campus. Online instruction meets a unique need in the lives of many working adults.
- Available Financial Aid Packages: Financial aid is a primary focus at Arlington Baptist College. It is the goal of the College that no student be denied an education because of lack of funds.
- Accelerated Degree Completion: Courses are offered in 8-week learning blocks, rather than in the traditional 16-week semester. This significant acceleration makes it possible for students to finish their programs earlier than students attending traditional campuses.
- Commitment to the Community: Each semester, students are asked to enroll in the Christian Service Program in order to test and develop their ministry skills.
What is the Online Program’s Focus?
Through the Online Degree Completion Programs, ABC seeks to do the following:
- Relate the principles of the Word of God and Christian living to a broad range of lay ministries.
- Provide an understanding of the place of the local church and the contribution of Baptists to gospel work.
- Develop a foundation on which to build a philosophy of Christian ministry as a dedicated lay person.
- Create an awareness of various ways of carrying out God's will in the church or in a church related ministry.
- Instill an appreciation for the gospel ministry as a personal undertaking for all Christians.
The Complete Online Experience at Arlington Baptist College
Arlington Baptist College has a long history of preparing men and women for Christian life and ministries, both lay and professional, through studies in Bible, general education, church vocations and practical service; integrating faith and learning in the context of a Christian worldview. Recognizing the needs of today’s working professionals, ABC now seeks to graduate students who meet these foundational goals through a comprehensive, distance learning program.
The degree completion program allows busy students to earn their bachelor’s degree online without the restrictions of attending a traditional campus. Each course is designed to maximize opportunities for students to collaborate and interact with the professor and other students. Every online course is equipped with the latest online technology, including streamed video and threaded discussions. In fact, distance learning participants consistently discover the user-friendly aspects of online interaction, and students are free to express their opinions and ideas in ongoing online discussions.
Furthermore, online instruction allows for strong faculty-student relationships. Students are more willing to approach and communicate with their professors, and professors are quick to respond. Supported by a 24/7/365 support team, ABC instructors also engage in ongoing instructional training, learning how to incorporate a variety of instructional methods and learning activities to increase course effectiveness.
Arlington Baptist College is fully accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education and approved by the Coordinating Board of the Texas College and University System.